Photo Journal: Eclat Motorhomies
Don't know where we are going, but we know where we are sleeping.
Photography By Paul Robinson
Everyone said to me you should do a campervan trip. Go on they said, it’s proper travelling, not just jumping from hotel to hotel. I like a plan though, so I found it difficult to let go and be a bit of a hippy. I remember thinking to myself – the bed is in the car. The bed…is..in…the…car. I'll be fine if I just think that. I was as well, I was absolutely fine.
In fact a week driving a camper van round southern Spain was in fact a very good idea. So I thought I would give you my pro's and cons of the camper van life, because it's not all laughs on the open road.
Four great things about traveling inside a moving house.
1. Urinating while travelling. Although possibly illegal – most certainly a game changer (I didn't get to experience this but I heard it was good).
2. Waking up in your motor house but realising the window view is different from the day before.
3. Having a fridge to return to where your beer is cold.
4. Letting all your shit and piss out while leaving the supermarket car park. Sorry.
Four things that are not so great.
1. Driving a house is like driving a house. Not great going up a mountain for example.
2. We forgot to change the piss tank and it smelt like those troughs at festivals.
3. Getting a shower inside a cubical the size of a drainpipe. No room to swing around or talc up.
4. Being the driver I never once appreciated sitting at the table drinking a beer and watching the scenery.
"He needs Ritalin or weed or something, just to bring him back down to earth on an evening"
- Paul Robinson (TM) on Jordan O'Kane
"I don't have to do it again do I?"
- Jordan Godwin
"Oh mate, we're getting lit tonight bruv"
- Jordan O'Kane
Eclat BMX #Motorhomies
The good life in Southern Spain with the Éclat U.K crew - More Info
Unforgettable Trails, Tales and Disposable Snaphots
Hopping over much more than the language barrier...