Metal Bikes Kizz 2019 - “Go Fast Pull Up” Special Collector’s Edition Frame
Get your order in!
21 Jan 2019
During the course of the Props X DIG “Go Fast Pull Up” documentary production, Gav Cope (MODE BMX) messaged me about the possibility of doing a small run of new, limited-edition Metal Bikes frames as a cool tie-in project and homage to the very first Metal “Kizz” Mk1 from 1999. I hit up Jimmy about the idea and he was all for it.
After researching a bit I discovered S&M had 33 sets of “lightning bolt” dropouts remaining from when they produced the Metal Rebel Contender in 2006-7, which we acquired for the project.
Metal Bikes co-founder Joe Carnall graciously provided us with the original Kizz sticker graphics and powder codes to faithfully re-produce the Mk1 artwork and colors. There will also be a raw option.
Big Dave Harrison, who worked at Spooky Cycles in late-90s, and who made all the Mk1s of Metal, Terrible One and FBM frames, is going to be fabricating on this project with his company Pedal Driven Cycles in Athens, Georgia.
The frames will have “GO FAST PULL UP” laser cut out of the top gusset and serial numbers stamped 1-33.
Here are the 2019 Kizz specs:
- Head tube 74.5 degree, integrated
- Top tube 1.25” double butted
- Down tube 1.5” double butted (1.5” homage to Mk1 Kizz)
- Length 21” US (4Down UK options 20.75”, 21”, 21.25”)
- Rear 13.625" - 14.125” travel
- Seat tube 71 degree single butted
- Standover 9”
- BB mid, height 11.75”
- Seat stays 3/4” top to bottom .035 + welded caps
- Chain stays 3/4 top to bottom .049 + welded caps
- Chain stays wishbone
- Seat bridge 5/8” straight
- Sprocket up to 36t
- 990s seat stays removable, modern style with bolt through tab
- Cable guide under top tube, drilled/tapped for removable stop + guide near head tube
- Tire up to 2.4”
- Dropouts w/ lightning bolts
- Seat clamp, 2-piece welded including bolt/nut
- Stickers Mk1 Kizz
- Color options, Mk1 burgundy, Mk1 black semi flat/matte, raw w/ clearcoat
4Down is opening pre-orders immediately and look for Props/US pre-orders opening up mid-March.
Pre-orders are first come first serve! Each frame will include a copy of “Go Fast Pull Up” with a choice of DVD or Bluray.
Also thanks to Matt Barton and the Metal Bike Facebook page.
Thanks for your support on this project!
-Chris Rye / Props
P.S. the documentary was finished last week and we’re busy preparing all the odds and ends that go along with the film. Shipping early April!
Metal Bikes Kizz 2019 - “Go Fast Pull Up” Special Collector’s Edition Frame Promo
Levangelism Reborn - More Info