Productivity - Dillon Lloyd WeThePeople 'BUCK' Line
Looking to get buck bud?
11 Apr 2016
By Kerr Bilsland
Dillon Lloyd's talents are pretty obvious and having just dropped another incredible new section on Saturday we figured we'd give you a closer look at what he's riding. WTP noticed long ago Dillon needs a good solid whip underneath him and set about getting the BUCK signature line prepped for him. Peep below what this French Canadian beast puts his name on and look out for these products worldwide.
Designed with the burly street rider in mind, the BUCK is built to handle the biggest drops and rails. Dillon requested a steeper 75.5 degree head tube, and taller 11.8" BB. WTP clearly believe in their products and offer a lifetime guarantee with the frame for peace of mind.
- Material: butted, seamless 4130 chromoly tubing japanese
- Toptube lenghts: 20.75", 21 "or 21.3" TT
- Chainstay length: 13.5" with 25-9 gearing, 13.3" slammed
- Angles: HT: 75.5 °, ST: 71 °
- Bottom bracket: Mid-bb, width: 74mm, height: 11.8 ", cnc machined and heat-treated
- Headtube: taller 127mm height, cnc machined and heat-treated, integ. h / set, drilled for included gyro tabs
- Dropouts: 7mm thick investment cast and heat-treated
- Colours: Matte black, trans red, brushed raw and nickel
- Weight: 2.4kg - 5.4lbs (21")
- Ovalised dent resistant chain stays
- Taller 127mm extended headtube for less spacers with an uncut fork
- Wider rear triangle allows clearance for a 2.4" tire
- Extruded top tube with integrated threads for cable guides
- Frame comes with replacement brake hardware
- Slim profile integrated seat clamp
- Top and down tube gussets
The BUCK bars come with an interesting 25.4mm oversized clamping area is certainly an eye-catcher. This is supposed to create a stronger and stiffer bar which Dillon is much in need of! Note though that if you wish to run the 25.4mm bar you'll need to run the WTP Hydra stem, if not the BUCK bar is also available in the regular clamping size. WTP knows what they're doing when it comes to producing quality parts though so when they saw what Dillon was getting up to they made sure he was wrapping his palms round something rugged!
- Material: Full liquid post heat-treated 4130 “M2“ crmo
- Tubing: 7/8” multiple butted
- Rise: 9.15"
- Width: 29"
- Backsweep: 11 degrees
- Upsweep: 1.5 degrees
- Colours: Gloss black, matte black, chrome and trans red
- Weight: 809g (28.53oz : 1.78lbs)
- Dual radius bends for extra strength
- Easy-cut marks on the end of the bars
- Available in 22.2mm and NEW 25.4mm oversize
Please Note: The 25.4mm Buck bars are only compatible with 25.4mm bore stems, including the WTP Hydra 25,4mm stem.
Dill Pickle Pegs
It seems WeThePeople have a real knack for handing Dillon Lloyd some of the best product names out there. The Dill Pickle peg comes in a bit longer than other pegs at 4.5" long, perfect for hanging in there on long grinds. Extra thick nylon/fibreglass so you're not switching out sleeves constantly, these will keep you gleamin'.
- Material: Cold-forged 7075-T6 alloy core, with replaceable nylon fibreglass sleeve
- Size: 114mm (4.5)" long, 40mm diameter
- Colour: Black
- Weight: 330g / 11oz
- Low friction nylon/fibreglass sleeve offers less resistance
- Longer 4.5" length
- Thicker, special nylon fibreglass compound for long sleeve life
Official DIG Partners: WeThePeople
Well, our favourites at least...
Brian Tunney talks Scerbo, upsweep, backsweep and bad backs...