Productivity - Mutiny
5 of the best from Mutiny's 2016 line
4 Dec 2015
By Kerr Bilsland
Mutiny have always had a gimmick-free, stylish and sleek image through their media offerings, and their products have never stepped below that high standard. For this new feature we thought we'd kick things off by taking a closer look at five of our favourite Mutiny parts and why we think they're worth owning.
1: The COMB frame
Jeff Wescott was a very welcome addition to Mutiny’s team in 2014 and Gaz (Mutiny's HMFIC) wasted no time setting him up with a couple of signature parts. Jeff is synonymous for having some of the best style in BMX whilst knowing how to throw down the big moves and his frame is the perfect compliment. Available in longer top tubes this frame is designed to feel roomy up front but nippy in the back.
• 100% 4130 Chromoly Sanko tube set
• Top Tube: 20.9", 21.25" and 21.5"
• Chain stay: 13.2" slammed with 1/2" of adjustment
• Head Tube: 74.9 degree
• BB Height: 11.8
• Seat Tube: 71 degrees
• Standover: 9"
• Weight: 5 lbs (based on a 20.9" frame)
2: The Obscura Frame
The Obscura frame is the frame of the future, with very tech nibbly street riding quickly becoming so prominent in BMX the Obscura frame was made to accomplish those nibbles. Grant Castelluzzo being a jiberin mastermind, needed a frame that could keep up with his rapid moves. The Obscura features one of the shortest available chainstay lengths currently on the market, couple that with it’s high BB, selection of slightly smaller top tube lengths and you’ll be on it like Grant in no time.
• 100% 4130 Chromoly Sanko tube set
• Top Tube: 20.2”, 20.5”, 20.8” and 21.1”
• Chain stay: 12.75” slammed with 1/2” adjustment
• Head Tube: 75 degree
• Seat Tube: 70 degree
• BB Height: 11.8”
• Seat Tube: 70 degrees
• Standover; 8.95”
• Weight: 5 lbs (based on a 20.6” frame)
3: Ridiculously Big Bar
If you’re not sure about your bike being ready for 2016 yet Mutiny have you covered with their new Ridiculously big bars. Coming in at 9.5 inches tall these are big (but maybe not just as ridiculous as the name suggests) and will be easy on your back, but just on the right side of tall to help stop you getting squirrely in the air. If that doesn’t seal the deal for you they’re 420 baked for that maximum high factor.
• 100% heat treated butted chromoly
• 420 Baked
• Rise: 9.5”
• Width: 30”
• Backsweep: 12 degrees
• Upsweep: 1 degree
• Weight: 32 oz
4: Stitch Slim/Mid Seat
It isn’t possible for this seat to look bad from any angle or in any light, the denim is the perfect shade and the golden logo is a blessing to top it off. Get yourself equipped with this to polish off your whip while staying easy on your cheeks.
• Thick foam padding for comfort and low profile silhouette also available in a slimmer version
• Strong and lightweight Tripod seat design
• Durable Kevlar or Denim cover
• Embroidered Badge n Bones logo
• Only works with Tripod seatposts
5: Penta Sprocket
The sprocket is something that has been done thousands of times over (literally) but the Penta from Mutiny has been given a unique look. It features a five spoke design with cut outs for weight savings but before you go off to your mate “That'll bend like fuck”, Mutiny made this out of 7075 aluminum and made it 7mm thick, so quit your mouthing off.
• 7075 aluminium alloy
• Compatible with Odyssey’s Socket Drive system
• Sizes: 23t, 24t, 25t, 27t 28t and 30t
• Cromo insert available for 48 spline 19mm, 22mm, 24mm(sold separately)
• Weight: 3.2 ozs
Everything about this video screams "I'll do it my way"
"There has always been 100% support from my family for BMX"